Saturday, June 27, 2009

Do you ever think," need to post about that..." and then you get busy and by the time you sit down to blog about it you don't want to? Well, it happens to me. I haven't blogged in a few weeks so let me catch you up on our life. Our garden is doing great!


I am doing two Bible studies right now. awesome. It is good to be in the Word. One is a marriage study. The other is Beth Moore's Esther. I am working on my resume and will begin emailing it to places Sunday or Monday. One great place is hiring that I have always wanted to work at. I have been struggling with the idea of this new life change and how it would affect everyone in our family since I have always stayed at home. It is exciting and scary. I suppose I will have to do it sooner or later so I might as well start looking now. I am watching a 10 yr. old from 8-5:30 everday while his mom is taking some classes out of town. He is my step brother in law. I know, a bit confusing. It has been interesting to have an asian 10 yr. old boy in the house. He speaks english very well. He plays LOTS of video games and computer games. I try to get us out of the house to avoid too much of that. He has got me watching those kid shows like ICarly and Drake and Josh. And I can't seem to cook those potstickers and dumplings right.The chinese/english directions are vague and don't tell me how long to cook things. I bet he thinks this white girl is dumb and crazy.Apparently, I say, "Here we go" a lot about everything. When I find what I am looking for or when I am showing the girls something. He asked me why I say that. He is a good boy but talks way too much for me. He has not been raised in a christian home so I hope for him to see something different aboout us. Three more weeks of that. Then it is vacation in AL. wooo-hooooo. I am so ready for the beach. Bay is too. She sings the Dora song using Dauphin Island- "Where are whe going? CLAP CLAP CLAP Dauphin Island!" Over and over and over again. I just hope the ride down there goes smoothly. I think I will cry when we leave the beach.
Oh yeah, our 3yr old dog Gibson is finally neutered! The S.N.I.P. clinic was running a special called Hooters for Neuters. That's right I had to take Gibson to Hooters Restaurant. Then they took him to the clinic for surgery and I picked him up the next day at Hooters. I was even on the news. How embarrasing. He pulled his e-collar off and pulled all his staples out so we had to take him up to the clinic to repair the damage. He has to keep that dumb e-collar on 7-10 days. Oh and it better be healed in 7 days because I have so many bruises on my legs from him running into me with that thing. We did all this so he could get licensed. Turns out they charge you a late fee for every month he was late. He was suppose to be licensed at 4 mths. He is 3 yrs. Yeah. I wrote a fat check for that one. But at least he is all fixed up now. No pun intended. ha ha. nails trimmed, neutered, rabies shot, and licensed. Notice in the pic below all the dents in the collar. He runs into everything. Kinda funny but mostly painful (for me).

No comments: