Friday, February 6, 2009

green

As I was cutting the spring mix salad for taco night, I noticed how wonderful the color green is. As I was holding the green leaves I gazed outside at the bare trees. I imagined the green leaves back on the trees again. I can't wait until the sprouts of spring arrive. It won't be long folks. My body literally aches for the warm weather and the spring colors. I can't wait to garden again and hopefully start a compost pile if I can find a way to keep the children and dog out of it. This year I want lettuce, tomatoes(cherry and regular), zucchini, bell peppers, and pumpkins. I am thinking about carrots only because Bay could pull it out and munch on it like a little rabbit. I collected some large sunflower seeds this past summer so I will plant those again somewhere. I would also like to fill our pots with flowers. My thoughts and imagination go on and on.

No comments: