Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Jetsons

I don't get out much. I really am a stay-at-home mom. We run errands a few times a week but for the most part I don't know what is cool and new. Within the past week I have seen this world change which means I have to change. Most of the time I don't like change. I know it is good for us and it helps us grow mentally, spiritually, and physically(if i would do some crunches!). I went to the post office to buy a stamp with some change at the machine. Negative. You can't do that anymore. Debit or credit only. I had to go wait in line and pay for it with a real cashier who could count my change with her brain. I will admit the debit card is very useful for a mommy especially when you need to get gas or fast food. I just wanted to use my change that day. I think the post office needs a drive thru for stamps. It really stinks to get the kiddos out of the car just to get one stamp. I know, I need to buy a book of stamps. I did but guess what ?I ran out yesterday. So anyway, Then I go to the gyno today with my girls. It was a bit interesting since they are older now. They did really good though. Just stuff them with tasty treats and they are good to go. In the waiting room I noticed they had upgraded to flat screen TVs. They ran around like wild children and looked and the newborn babies. Finally, they called my name and I dragged the girls with me. So in the room my doctor begins to ask me questions to update my file on a mini laptop. She tells me they are moving to electronic files. No more paper. I love paper. I hope it never goes away completely. I feel like I am missing so much. The world is changing. Most of the time slowly but today it feels like things are changing quickly. And that is because I need to get out more. Another thing that is changing is Bay and June. Unfortunately, Bay is under mega potty training and so staying home is easier at the moment. She has used the potty every 30 minutes(on my timer) yesterday and today. She has been wearing panties. Only a diaper at naptime and bedtime. She is dry during naptime but I am just not brave enough to let her wear the panties for nap yet. She tells me sometimes when she has to go but usually she likes to wait for the timer. When the timer beeps she runs to the potty.If I ask her before the timer goes off she says, "no, wait for the timer". awesome. We have a few accidents every now and then. Just one yesterday. And so far only 1 today. June likes to sit on the little potty with all her clothes on and says, "Bay, I potty". precious. She loves her big sister. Copies everything she does. So hopefully they will both be potty trained by the end of the summer. cross your fingers. I figure Bay will be but my challenge is June. We can do it. So while I stay at home and potty train my children tell George Jetson we said hi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the potty training - Ian has been doing great with it. Still has a couple of accidents when I put him in only underwear all day, but they'll all be potty trained eventually!